Daily ticket sales begin Monday, April 11th
INDIANAPOLIS - American and international ATP Tour veterans headline the early commitment list for the 2005 RCA Championships, July 16-24, at the Indianapolis Tennis Center on the campus of IUPUI.
Player’s who have committed are:
- Taylor Dent. The 25-year-old American, is continuing his success he found in 2004 when he won career-high 32 matches and reached the finals in Tokyo and the semifinals at the Athens Olympics. In 2005 he is currently ranked #11 on the IDESIT ATP 2005 Race and has reached the finals at Adelaide and the quarterfinals in Miami, Sydney and Marseille.
- Tommy Haas. In 2004, this German veteran made an outstanding comeback after missing all of the 2003 season with a right shoulder injury. He increased his career titles to seven by winning at Houston and Los Angeles and reached quarterfinals at the US Open.
- James Blake. The All-American from Harvard University is coming off a tough 2004 season, which was plagued by injury and illness. However, despite those setbacks he finished in the top 100 for the fourth consecutive year and reached the quarterfinals in Scottsdale earlier this year.
- Paradorn Srichaphan. Asia’s No.1 player recorded his third straight 40-match-win season and captured his fifth career title at Nottingham in 2004. This 2003 RCA Championships finalist is currently #34 on the IDESIT ATP 2005 Race and was a finalist at Chennai and quarterfinalist at Rotterdam.
- Nicholas Kiefer. Like his countryman Haas, this resurgent German had an excellent 2004. He reached the finals at Memphis, Scottsdale, Los Angeles and Indianapolis and was a semifinalist at Toronto and quarterfinalist at Miami and Halle.
- Robby Ginepri. Another of the “young Americans” will make his fifth straight appearance in Indianapolis. In 2004, he turned in his career-best results in Grand Slam play by reaching the fourth round at the Australian Open and Wimbledon.
- Vince Spadea. The veteran American enjoyed his best pro season in 2004 by finishing a year-end-best #19. Along the way, he captured his first career ATP title at Scottsdale and won a personal-high 40 matches.
- Xavier Malisse. The young Belgian, who is already in his seventh year on tour, captured his first singles title at Delray Beach earlier this year.
- Greg Rusedski. The 2002 RCA Championships winner and veteran from England will make his eighth appearance in Indianapolis.
Daily Tickets for the 2005 RCA Championships go on sale Monday, April 11. They can be purchased by calling 800-622-LOVE or by visiting any Ticketmaster location.