The 2006 US Open Series kicks off in Indianapolis on July 17, and the world’s top pros will go head-to-head in 10 tournaments over six weeks across North America, eventually ending at the sport’s ultimate event—the US Open.
Entering its third year as "The Greatest Road Trip in Sports," it's time to put your sports knowledge to the test by answering some questions on the history of the US Open Series. How much do you know? Take our quiz and find out.
1. Which three players have finished in the top 3 of the US Open Series standings the past two years?
2. What was Kim Clijsters' total prize money from winning the 2005 US Open and 2005 US Open Series?
3. Which man was a red-hot 17-2 while capturing the 2004 US Open Series title?
4. Two unseeded players won US Open Series tournament titles last year. Who were they?
5. Who made the first-ever player challenge using instant replay, featured at all 10 US Open Series events this summer?
6. Which former US Open women’s champion finished atop the 2004 US Open Series standings?
7. Which US Open Series tournaments had finalists from the same country in 2005?
8. Who was the lowest-seeded woman to win a US Open Series tournament title during the Series’ first two years?
9. Who is the only player to go undefeated during the US Open Series and US Open in either of first two years of the Series?
10. Name the four US Open Series events in the state of California?
11. Which two players have won three US Open Series tournament titles heading into the 2006 US Open Series?
Click here for the answers